Friday, March 19, 2010

Ice Sculptures

Spring is coming in Fairbanks!! It is finally warm enough out to be outside and when the sun is out it is WARM even though the temperatures are in the 30's.

I had my first full committee meeting this morning and it went really well. I received a lot of input about my project. I have a woman from Vermont who specializes in geosciences and soils and a man who specializes in tree growth.

This past week a few friends and I went to check out the World Ice Championships. Even though the sculptures were already judged, they were open for public viewing. There was also a big ice slide which was a lot of fun! We went back at night and all of the sculptures were lit up which was really cool. I posted a lot of pictures on Facebook so if you have access to that I would highly recommend checking them out! If not, I posted some below.

Last night my indoor lacrosse intramural team won the championships! We played an all male team with not a lot of skill but a lot of athleticism and poor sportsmanship. We put them in their place and won by one point!

Scorpion stinging a spider
First place for multiblock...tropical sea fish!

Moses
Playing on the kid's sculptures!
The ice slides!
An Igloo!

Sculpture at night

The slides at night!




Got my green for St. Patty's Day!



This weekend I am headed out to Chena Hot Springs with a few friends and I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment